Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Survivor

Got a news last night from my dear... Well, really quite torn... It's good news.. Yet at the same time, it's sad news...

To be offered an internship doing something which you would really like to explore doing in the future, WITHOUT having to go for an interview, I know that's the best that can happen to anyone. I mean, honestly. if you know that there is something you might want to do as a career in the future, what would be the most logical thing to do? TAKE IT DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP! That's when you are being paid to learn! Coupled with the fact that the corporation which offered you your internship is one of the best in the industry, this is truely an opportunity not to be missed.

What's so sad about the news then, you ask? Well, his working hours will be from 4pm to 1 freaking am.. Yeah you read it right. So it will mean that from Monday to Friday, we will have lesser time than normal liao. I mean, by the time he knocks off, I am already in bed, sleeping like the pig that I am. When I knock off, he is at work.

Well, but being the 2 matured adults that we are (bwahahaha... couldnt resist making that word in bold), we managed to work some things out. I mean, he can still leave the house earlier, and meet me for lunch. After all, in my office, my lunch hour is quite flexible. I am ok with going for lunch at 2 or 2.30, so that we finish lunch at about 3 odd, just in time for you to go to work. On the days when I have council meeting, I can meet you during your dinner hour.. Yeah.. short moments together, but honestly, better than nothing.

Besides, it is only for about 3.5months. Unless you like it so much there, and they like you so much that they offer to let you go back during every holidays, and they offer you a job immediately upon graduation. Well, I shall not think that far... Heehee...

Anyway, congrats dear! On getting this internship!

No comments: