I think I will be offered the job for the interview which I had gone for on Friday. It's for a PR agency, and the job scope includes client servicing (help my client think of new events, ways of making the media write up about them etc, reporting to the clients on the progress made on the PR campaign etc), media monitoring (monitoring the media coverage, making copies of all articles, doing analysis of the coverage, explaining to the client if the coverage was BAD coverage), attending events and launches to keep yourself updated on what other agencies are doing etc.
Sounds FUN right? And they will most probably be offering me a much higher price than what *I*P*R*S* offered.
On a separate note, *I*P*R*S* came back with another offer. They upped their original offer to me by $100. *I*P*R*S*'s work scope includes: event planning (PRISM, any other class scheduled for the members etc), updating of their website and newsletter etc. All in all, a much slower pace of work.
One, I will most probably be able to knock off at 6pm on the dot on a daily basis. The other, working late is definitely a norm. In fact, even if I knock off on time, I will be doing work at home.
One, I will be more exposed to the media industry. The other, I am working in the background of PR. Will be able to learn more skills of the PR industry, though not as much hands-on as compared to the other job.
I am lazy by nature. I chose *I*P*R*S*. The ability to knock off on a more normal timing, coupled with the fact that I would not be required to do much OT or work on my own, it gives me more flexibility on what I would like to do with my time.
I can go and take up driving lessons in the evening, or if I really come to that point, I can take up part time degree courses.
Had thought long and hard about it. Though I would like to work in a huge corporation as mentioned in my previous post, working in such a corporation would mean that I would be just another face in that huge work force. I have to work doubly hard in order to make sure that my superiors would be able to knowledge my potential. Working in a small company would mean it would be easier for my potential to shine through.
What you guys think?
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment