Isn't it human nature to want to avoid a person you do not like? Isn't it considered honest and polite to not lead that person to think that you are ok with them when you are not?
I mean, I don't go all out to create trouble for the fella. But neither do I like talk to him in a chummy manner, as per how I would normally talk to other friends. When I go and buy soya bean milk during office hours, and I happen to pass him on my way out of the office, I will just ask him out of courtesy whether he would like a cup or not. As long as I do not pass him, I will not take the initiative to buy for him. That is not considered an discrimination what right?!
I cannot make myself a hypocrite, by pretending that I do not find faults with him. See him, can laugh and play. I just simply cannot lor. I mean, yeah of cause, when I have problems or need help, I will go and approach him. In my defination, hypocrisy is when you dislike that person, yet you behave like you do. So what if others feel that I am making use of him when I ask him for help. He also approaches me when he has problems. And its not as if I draw such a thick line between him and me. When I see that he has problems, I will take the initiative to step in with a solution.
So what if he came into the office later then me, yet got the 'promotion' before me? I do not begrudge him for that. Cause in this company that I work for, a promotion comes with added responsibility (such as opening and closing the shop as well as cashiering when the cashiers are not around), yet comes with no added bonus, incentives or even a pay increase. In short, promotion is just promoting you to do more shit jobs. Besides, everyone can see, that he cannot handle pressure, cannot handle responsibilities. There have been a few occasions where he had serious problems with his customers, which could escalate into complaints and refunds. The suggestions and solutions which I came up with for him, were approved and put into actions by my manager, and even set as the standard operating procedure for future similar cases. I am not blowing my own horn. I just wana say that I am competent, and need no recognition for incompetent idiots.
We are planning a chalet for the school holiday break. We openly discussed it in the office. Yet, we make no move to include him in the planning. Don't get me wrong. Its not that we do not intend to invite him. We do. It's just that we only intend to tell him about it after my leave has been approved. Cause don't want to jeopardise my own leave mah. Only want him there to lessen the financial burden on us.
Haha
Cheers!
Monday, August 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment